Some Guidelines on
PRESENTING A MANUSCRIPT FOR PUBLICATION WITH PAULINES PUBLICATIONS AFRICA
- The manuscript should be an original work not yet published.
- The content should be according to our general objective:
“We evangelise the various human cultures by communicating
all that promotes the whole person and regenerates the Gospels values
present in every culture” (Art. 15 of FSP Constitutions).
According to the policy and strategies proper to this publishing house, we are to be at the service of the Church and of the People of Africa. Therefore:
- The content should present clearly the official teaching of the Church as it is contained in the official documents: Encyclicals, Catechism of the Catholic Church, etc.
- The African Bible will be the only source for the Scripture quotations used in the manuscript.
- The manuscript should be read by a competent person before submitting it in order to make sure that the content presented is clear, easy to understand and does not contain mistakes.
- The Work should not be a “Doctoral thesis” or a work presented for a BA or MA degree.
- The manuscript should be presented in printed form. If it is sent through e-mail, as an attachment, we shall print out the Table of Contents and the first chapter only. A summary of the work should accompany the work. A soft copy is preferable.
- The manuscript must be written in good/correct English using the British spelling.
- All quotations must be acknowledged in a footnote, or within the text, depending on the type of publication.
- The Bibliography should be well prepared and complete. The bibliography includes: books, documents of the Church, articles and websites. It should be complete with author, title of the book or article, publishing house, place and year of publication.
- The manuscript must be presented with well-defined Chapters and a clear Table of Contents.
- Upon receiving the manuscript the Paulines Editorial Team will evaluate the Work and only after the evaluation will Paulines inform the Author about the next steps.
- If the Author belongs to a Religious Congregation, the Work should have the beneplacito of the Superior.
- Please, take note: manuscripts which do not fulfil the above requirements will not be considered for publishing, and will not be returned to the sender.
Thank you for your collaboration.